Total renewal fee
Don’t forget to add £60 for your 200 Club membership if you’re not paying by direct debit.
To join Gifford Golf Club click here for a membership Application Form.
Competition sheets are posted in the club house where you can pick your preferred start time. For medals, you select a preferred 45 min. period for your tee-off time and you will be teamed up with other players in that time slot to make 2 or 3 ball groups. Your actual tee-off time will emailed to you via HowDidIDo (see Handicaps below). When you have finished your round, check and sign your card and place it in the posting box in the corner of the club house.
- Monthly Medals from April to October, the Snawdon Trophy awarded to the best 4 cards.
- The Summer Cup from April to September, the Frank Darbey Cup awarded to best 5 cards.
- The Peel Bowl and Dunbar Salver are matchplay knockout, the entry sheets going up in March.
- The Dewhurst Trophy in May and the Clachan Cup in August are Stableford competitions.
- The men use the Monthly Medals from May and June to determine the qualifiers for the Club group A & group B Championships in June.
The entry sheets for the Muir Trophy (two ball Gent’s Foursomes) and the Oliver Quaich (two ball Mixed Foursomes) are posted in April.
Between April and August, Gifford men play friendly matches with a number of local clubs. Watch the notice board for the entry forms asking for people who want to be included in the team.
The hardy and desperate can enter a winter medal and a winter greensome competition.
- Monthly Medals are on Tuesdays or Saturdays from April to October with the MacKay Trophy awarded to the best 4 cards.
- The Harrison Trophy is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Club Championship.
- The Molly Glover Bowl is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Bronze Division.
- The Ladies run (9/18 hole) Stableford Medals on selected dates through the Summer.
- The Tweeddale Medal and Maslowski Cup are additional competitions along with many fun competions.
The entry sheet for the Oliver Quaich (two ball Mixed Foursomes) is posted in April.
- Juniors compete for the Watt/Woodhead Trophy from May to September.
- The Gordon Brotherstone Trophy is in June.
- The Juniors have their own Open meeting in July.
- Junior girls have their own competition, The Main Spoon, in August.
Gifford Golf Club will maintain CONGU handicaps for members (where Gifford is their home course) posting the results into HowDidIDo.
HowDidIDo is a separate, commercial organisation that supplies the software we use to calculate your golf handicap according to CONGU rules. This software uploads the calculated handicaps to the web site www.howdidido.co.uk and to the Scottish Golf Central Database of Handicaps.
You are strongly advised to register with HowDidIDo so that you can see your handicap, a history of your progress and to receive emails notifying you of revised handicaps and medal competition tee-off times.
Forget the lottery – you’ve a better chance of winning with Club 200.
- Check the list of Club 200 members - is your name there?
- If not, why not join now? Only £5 a month. (rules)
- Simply print out and complete the bank mandate form.
- The more people who join, the bigger the payout!
* 3 cash prizes every month *
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The only cookies we use are part of the Google Analytics tool that we use to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come from and the pages they visited. These cookies are provided by Google and are called _utma, _utmb,_utmc, _utmz
This page provides more detailed information from Google.
RSS is the easiest system to deliver the Latest News from Gifford Golf Club straight to your computer, email or smart phone without you needing to access this web site directly.
You do not need to register to use RSS but you do need to have RSS enabled software running on your computer. Most email programs such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Mail will do this and the Latest News from this web site will arrive like a new email message.
If you want to keep RSS messages away from your email then dedicated RSS programs are available. Usually, when you click the RSS button on our web site registration will happen automatically. If you have to register manually then you should enter the following address: www.giffordgolfclub.co.uk/?feed=rss2.
If you’re a regular Twitter user then Twitter may be a more convenient mechanism for you to receive the Latest News. Or, if you have a “smart” mobile phone or an iPad then Twitter may be more convenient for sending the Latest News to your mobile device.
Google Earth supplied the satellite photographs of the holes.
This web site was created by and is maintained by club members. The web site uses the WordPress theme “Twenty Twelve” from WordPress.