Welcome to Gifford Ladies.
We pride ourselves on being a lively and sociable group, with a shared passion for golf! Whether you prefer the competition element of golf, or just appreciate golfing in beautiful scenery and good company, we have something for everyone.
Medals are played on Tuesdays, with the option of playing 9 or 18 holes During the summer months, we run competitions for both handicap and non-handicap players alike with at least one fun competition per month, eg “strings and supper”. Annually we have the Mystery Day Outing and the Weekend Away. These are hugely popular, with places hotly contested.
We also maintain strong links with other clubs and have regular inter-club matches, at home and away. Through the winter months, the ladies meet fortnightly to play 9 holes in the Winter League.
There truly is something for everyone.
Ladies’ upcoming events
Keep these dates clear
|Ladies Open Tri-Am||16th June|
|Ladies Senior Open||4th Sept.|
|Ladies Super Senior Open||19th Sept.|
Ladies’ club competitions
- Monthly Medals are on Tuesdays or Saturdays from April to October with the MacKay Trophy awarded to the best 4 cards.
- The Harrison Trophy is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Club Championship.
- The Molly Glover Bowl is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Bronze Division.
- The Ladies run (9/18 hole) Stableford Medals on selected dates through the Summer.
- The Tweeddale Medal and Maslowski Cup are additional competitions along with many fun competions.
- The Darbey Salver and Robertson Cup are matchplay competitions.
- The MacColl Picture is a Ladies’ Senior Matchplay.
- Maslowski Cup is a Two-ball Ladies Foursomes.
Ladies are also eligible for the Mixed Competitions here.
Knockout competitions running over several months will be posted to this website, but the clubhouse sheets should always be regarded as the definitive record for each competition.
|Competition||Status / Winner(s)|
|Harrison Trophy – Ladies Champion|
|Molly Glover Bowl – Ladies Bronze Champion|
|Dorothy Duff Brooch|
|Lady Captain's Prize|
|Ladies Winter League|
|Morrison Quaich (Ladies Open scratch)|
|Joan Hill-Stewart Trophy (Ladies Open)|
|Lowrie Quaich (Best GGC Lady in Open)|
|Jean Peat Trophy (Ladies Snr Open)|
Ladies’ interclub competitions
Match v Royal Musselburgh
A good night was had by all and Gifford ladies won 2-1.
June Forson, Di Shakspeare, May Scambler, Lynn McCreery, Georgie Parsons, Jo Barclay
|17/07/2017||Castle Park||home||Won 2-1|
|06/08/2016||Royal Musselburgh||home||Won 2-1|