Welcome to Gifford Ladies.
We pride ourselves on being a lively and sociable group, with a shared passion for golf! Whether you prefer the competition element of golf, or just appreciate golfing in beautiful scenery and good company, we have something for everyone.
Medals are played on Tuesdays, with the option of playing 9 or 18 holes During the summer months, we run competitions for both handicap and non-handicap players alike with at least one fun competition per month, eg “strings and supper”. Annually we have the Mystery Day Outing and the Weekend Away. These are hugely popular, with places hotly contested.
We also maintain strong links with other clubs and have regular inter club matches, at home and away. Through the winter months, the ladies meet fortnightly to play 9 holes in the Winter League.
There truly is something for everyone.
Ladies upcoming events
Keep these dates clear
|Ladies Open Tri-Am||17th June|
|Ladies Senior Open||5th Sept.|
|Ladies Super Senior Open||20th Sept.|
Ladies’ club competitions
- Monthly Medals are on Tuesdays or Saturdays from April to October with the MacKay Trophy awarded to the best 4 cards.
- The Harrison Trophy is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Club Championship.
- The Molly Glover Bowl is a ladies matchplay knockout. This is for the Bronze Division.
- The Ladies run (9/18 hole) Stableford Medals on selected dates through the Summer.
- The Tweeddale Medal and Maslowski Cup are additional competitions along with many fun competions.
- The Darbey Salver and Robertson Cup are matchplay competitions.
- The MacColl Picture is a Ladies’ Senior Matchplay.
- Maslowski Cup is a Two-ball Ladies Foursomes.
Knockout competitions running over several months will be posted to this website, but the clubhouse sheets should always be regarded as the definitive record for each competition.
|Competition||Status / Winner, Runner up|
|Harrison Trophy – Ladies Champion||Leslie Love|
|Molly Glover Bowl – Ladies Bronze Champion||Shona Paton|
|Dorothy Duff Brooch||Beth Scott|
|Lady Captain's Prize|
|Ladies Winter League||= 1st Di Shakspeare & Shona Paton
2nd Yvonne Archibald
=3rd Georgie Parsons, June Forson & Helen Napier
|Morrison Quaich (Ladies Open scratch)||Jaqueline Preston – Duns|
|Joan Hill-Stewart Trophy (Ladies Open)||Suzie Single|
|Lowrie Quaich (Best GGC Lady in Open)||Yvonne Archibald|
|Jean Peat Trophy (Ladies Snr Open)||Beth Boggon & Beth Scott
2017 Ladies Senior Open Greensomes
Ladies are also eligible to enter the Mixed Competitions that can be found here.
Ladies’ interclub competitions