Related pages ...
We have our own busy annual itinerary with various trophies and competitions to play for, as well as having friendly matches with other clubs, home and away. We also play 5 nine hole medals allowing the chance for some seniors to keep their national handicap, who, for one reason or another, are unable to complete an 18 hole medal.
PS It’s not just the members that need to be old to join the EGGS!
Seniors’ upcoming events
May 10 @ 9:30 am – 10:00 am
Time to be confirmed
|Competition||Status / Winners|
|Frank Harper Trophy – Seniors Champion|
|Willie Lindores Trophy|
|Stan Monk Quaich|
|Jimmy Anderson Putter|
|Henry Wallace trophy|
|Scrambled Egg (9 hole Texas)|
|Rodger Veitch Trophy – Senior Open|
Previous year’s results can been seen here
and a full search from 1930 can be done here.
Senior’s club competitions
- The Frank Harper Trophy is Matchplay to determine to Senior’s Champion.
- The Falconer Cup, Blyth Cup, Willie Lindores Trophy and Gutta Ball are 1 day competitions.
- The Stan Monk Quaich is for the best 3 EGGS medals.
- The Harrison Cup is for the best 20 aggregate scores throughout the year on an eggs Tuesday.
- The Samson Trophy is a Pairs knockout.
Seniors are also eligible for the Mixed Competitions here.
Knockout competitions running over several months will be posted to this website, but the clubhouse sheets should always be regarded as the definitive record for each competition.